In late 1950s, under the Presidentship of Shri Piyush Singhal, the idea of building a Vidya Bandhu Guest House was conceived. On 11th October 1956 the foundation stone was laid in the presence of Dr. Zakir Hussain, Shri Hriday Nath Kunjaru, Dr. M.S. Mehta, Dr. K.L. Shrimali, Shri K.L. Bordia and other dignitaries. Vidya Bandhu Shri Mahendra Agrawal was made the Convener of the Guest House Committee. Donation receipts were printed. Students and old students volunteered to collect donations. The major contributions came from the families of Shri Mahendra Agrawal and Shri Piyush Singhal. Vidya Bandhu Guest House was inaugurated by Dr. Zakir Hussain. Vidya Bandhu Sangh handed over the Guest House to Vidya Bhawan Society on 5th May, 1961.